Saturday, 1 April 2006

I was woken up early by a fecking rooster. Who the hell has a rooster? Rooster, if you are reading this, be warned that your days are numbered.

I called Buster (previously mentioned as “The New Boyfriend” – keep up folks) and I called my mum to let them know that I hadn’t fallen off the face of the earth. I spent the morning unpacking my stuff and then Sarah called me at about 12pm to let me know the lunch plan. Megan and Sarah picked me up and we met Emily at a little restaurant where you get a bowl of stuff, they crack an egg into it, you mix it up and then cook it like an omeletey-pancake thing on the hotplate in the middle of the table. We got four different types and they were so yummy.

The girls also gave me a little gift bag full of wonderful wee things to welcome me to Takasaki.


My Gift Bag.

After lunch we went to a big electronics store and I bought a couple of convertor plugs and a speaker thing with an Ipod dock which is fantastic even if it did cost an arm and a leg because now I don’t need a stereo and it charges the Ipod while playing it. Hooray!

We went out to a girls night dinner at a restaurant near Takasaki Station with a bunch of other Gaijin and some Japanese friends. We ate mostly western food but it was fun getting to know the other girls. After dinner we went down to Odessa which is the bar that the girls and most of their friends frequent. I met even more new people but have to admit that I was fading fast. Megan felt sorry for me and gave me a ride home at about midnight just as I was turning pumpkiny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home