Tuesday, 4 April 2006

Today is a beautiful day. It’s warm enough that I’ve opened the balcony sliding doors and I can hear the birds chirping and the neighbours chickens clucking to themselves. Last night I was woken up by another small earthquake. It only lasted about 20 seconds but it’s strange to go from totally asleep to wide awake to totally asleep again. Buster woke me up again this morning when he called. I’m so looking forward to getting my broadband on then we can have breakfast together on Skype.

I had a kitchen disaster this morning when I burnt the toast. Ok, I burnt two pieces of toast. Ok, I actually set fire to the first bit and then subsequently burnt the replacement piece. But the tea tasted good.

I did a couple of practice lessons today with some of the others acting like naughty little kids. For lunch we went to the Take Out Kitchen and then took our lunch to the park to look at the Cherry Blossums. Parks in Japan are a bit strange – they don’t actually have any grass. Most of the ground is a weird gravelly dirt mix – even under the swings and other playground equipment. There were a bunch of kids playing and one little girl was riding a unicycle around.

I also got my car today. It’s a tiny, weeny little three door white car called a “Minica”. Seriously, that’s the type of car. I think it’s a Mitsubishi. So I got to drive home from work all on my own. It doesn’t have a cd player or even a cigarette lighter so I’ve bought a tape convertor thing for the ipod.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home