Friday, 5 May 2006

On Friday we went to the Tokyo National Museum in Ueno. Ueno is about a half hour train ride from Shinjuku where we stayed.


Oh, here's the subway map for Tokyo! Thankfully we didn't get lost, although it's a bit hard to figure how much the fare is when you can't find yourself on the map and you're not entirely sure which is the station you need to get off at.


The Museum was fantastic although it didn't take long for me to reach complete cultural overload. There is soooo much to look at - we spent nearly 4 hours there and didn't even get to one of the buildings or the special exhibition. Anyway, there aren't any photos because I had to leave my camera in the lockers.

Tokyo was fun but I was glad when we got home to Takasaki. The weirdest thing is that I think I missed being stared at. In Takasaki, I feel like a celebrity because there are so few foreigners that everyone stares at you but there are so many foreigners in Tokyo that no one even says hello. Ahh, it's good to be home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

7:27 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

2:28 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home