Friday, 2 June 2006

The last week has just whizzed by so here's a quick summary:

On Saturday night (after buying my bike) we had planned to go to the rooftop beer garden at Montres at Takasaki Station. There are a couple of these rooftop beer gardens around and they are only open in summer. You pay about $20 to get in and it's pretty much all you can drink. But our plans of riding to the station were dashed when it rained nearly all day.

So, plan B came into effect. Emily came and picked up Sarah and I and we met Megan at an isekaia (spelling is wrong - but the pronunciation is right) with a bunch of JET people. JET people are native english speakers who come to Japan under a special program and work within the school system as language teachers. They are a very friendly bunch and we drank far too much beer because it came in enormous steins. After dinner we went down to Odessa for a few more wee drinks and I finally got home around 3.30am.

See, 3.30am sounds late, but in Japan time seems to disappear. No sooner than you sit down to eat - it's time to go to the bar. No sooner than you get there - it's 3am. So I didn't do very much on Sunday except lie around watching Series 3 of Six Feet Under.

On Tuesday night, we were all invited to the bar for a curry night. Kauri is a superb cook and the curry was the best I've had since coming to Japan and all for only $15!

For lunch on Friday, we found a new Thai restaurant near work that was really good. There were about 4 tables in the place and the green curry was beautiful. On Friday night I didn't have any plans but we ended up having dinner with Sarah at her house. Sarah and Emily had steak and I had salmon.

And so ends the litany of what Sensei Suse has eaten during the week.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

7:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

7:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home