Thursday, 6 April 2006

Today I went for a walk along the main road near my house. I swear I can feel myself getting fatter by the minute here. Everyone eats so much. When we go out for lunch, I only ever eat half of what’s on my plate but I’m still stuffed full. We had lunch at a French restaurant today and it was truly divine. I had the sea bream followed by a crème brulee and a café au lait. I was dubious at first, my fears were unfounded – it was real coffee. And real bread with our meals. Not this squishy, sweet white stuff that the Japanese call bread. And the whole meal cost about $13.50. Which is insanely cheap.

I spent most of the day learning more songs for the kids. Today I learnt “I can count to five”, “Up, down, turn around and jump” and “Good morning, my name is Benny”. Buster thinks it is hilarious that I have the worst singing voice ever and here I am torturing Japanese children with it for a living.

After work, Megan and I went to the supermarket but we couldn’t find any sultanas. I soo miss sultanas. I’ve told Buster to bring some when he comes to visit. We did manage to get some more edamame though. Then she took me to the 100 Yen shop which was awesome. I bought a pencil case, some coloured pens and some little dishes for soy sauce and wasabi when I have sashimi. After that we went to Cainz Home and she bought a folding table for her new apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home