Friday, 25 August 2006

Yes, I am a slack cow. I have no idea what I’ve been doing since I last posted. Working I think. We did have our big camp “Kangaroo Republic” a couple of weeks ago which saw us all do a lot of hard work.

We took about 170 or so kids to a big hotel at Mt Naeba which is a huge ski resort in winter. We left Takasaki on Thursday morning and arrived back on Saturday night absolutely exhausted. For the most part, we had a great time. The kids were generally very well behaved although there was the odd one that could have done with fatal beating or two. We had 12 extra non-Japanese staff who basically were there to talk to the kids in English although only a few of them were native English speakers.

My favourite part was the dance contest on the Friday night. All the kids were split up into eight groups depending on their ages and each group was given a specific dance and music that formed the basis of their entry in the dance contest. I was working with the orange team and our dance was the Macarena. Most of you will know that I am spectacularly uncoordinated, so the Macarena was a challenge for me. But the kids had the best time.


Here's me with one of the kids practising our dance moves.



Here's me and some of my kids - from front left is Ririka and Airi and at back from left we have Suzuka, Itsuki and Yuri. Ririka is one of my favourite students - she's not the smartest but she always tries hard and is a nice kid. On the bus on the way up, the kids were playing a game in Japanese and she asked one of the Japanese staff if I was bored because I couldn't understand what was going on. She's a real sweetie.

Unfortunately I don't really have many photos because I was too damn busy to get my camera out. And Mum, before you ask, I was wearing a bandana so I didn't have to brush my hair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Aww, come on now. None of us would ever be so mean as to call you a slack cow. Slack, sure, but not cow. That's just mean.

It looks like you're having a great time.

9:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home