Thursday, 20 July 2006

And it is still raining. Seriously, I am so over the rain. My hometown of Brisbane has been in drought for the last six years and are currently on pretty tough water restrictions. My mum is watering her trees by bucket because hoses are banned.

Japan seems to have so much damn water that it scares me a bit. Where ever you go in Takasaki you can hear running water - there are irrigation ditches, rivers and creeks. At the moment you have to slosh through the lake that was our carpark. I suggested to the boss that we should include Ark building as one of our craft activites at Kangaroo Republic. A tie-in could be a scavanger hunt to find all the animals two-by-two. I guess I'd need to develop a drinking problem for some true authenticity.

It started raining on Saturday night and hasn't stopped yet. Just when it eases up for a few hours and I think that I won't need my umbrella, it buckets down again. The only bright side is that at least it isn't boiling hot. Oh, the rice paddies look all pretty and green.

And I nearly forgot - on Wednesday night when we all went to Canadian Sara's to watch American Idol, there was a tiny little bat flying about inside her building. As I left I spotted it sleeping upside down in the corner so Emily and I quickly swung into bat catcher mode. I trapped it with a bucket and Em cover the top with a big paper fan and we carried it outside. It was so cute and so tiny. No bigger than a slightly obese mouse wearing a dark chocolate fur coat and wings. I wanted to touch it but Emily said it would bite me and then I'd get rabies. Do they have rabies in Japan???

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

4:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

6:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

5:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home