Saturday, 7 October 2006

I've had tonsilitis so I've been a total misery guts and uninclined to blog. But now I'm much better and even have stuff to blog about.

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, technically speaking, it was my birthday, on Wednesday. And it was good. There were many gifts, lots of eating, some tv but no drinking (remember, antibiotics for the tonsilitis). My mum sent me a massive care package full of stuff that you can't buy in Japan.


Here's the box of goodies from my mum - and yes, she included both Twisties AND Violet Crumbles! Birthdays don't get much better than that.

Jammin' J sent me a beautiful shell pendant


Nice huh?

And Dan sent another box of deliciousness including a new book.


Look - an English language book! Yay!


And I'm now on holidays for a week and we're going to Kyoto on Sunday. I'm quite excited about it and I've charged both the batteries for my camera, so you can all start thinking up excuses why you can't come to slide night.

6 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

Well, happy belated birthday. If it was your birthday on Wednesday in Japan this week, does that make it you birthday this next Wednesday over here? I can never figure out this time zone stuff.

12:11 pm  
Blogger L said...

happy birthday :)

2:34 am  
Blogger vickster said...

happy (a tinsy late) birthday suse! gotta love care parcels from home. glad you're on the mend...tonsilitis sucks! a friend recently did a 40-45 min photo viewing from a 9-week OS trip......so, I think we should start taking bets on how long yours will be :o)

5:23 pm  
Blogger Matt said...

Happy Birthday, LG. Isn't 34 an interesting age? We can still round down to 30 for one more year.

5:08 pm  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

11:06 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. I stumbled across your blog surfing the net hoping to find baked beans somewhere in Japan to buy for my friend who lives in Yokohama.
Do you know if they are available in Tokyo at all?
Btw, great blog here, will definitely return again.

6:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home